Scores of residents are currently on admission at some health facilities in the Western Region capital town after buying from a popular waakye joint located at ‘Columbia’ in Takoradi.
Western Region Director of the Food and Drugs Authority Martin Kusi confirmed to Connect FM that his office has received several complaints of the incident, which can best be described as food poisoning.
He indicates that the activities of the food joint involved have currently been suspended, pending investigations.
“I’m currently at the hospital attending to some of the affected food vendors who have been admitted. One person has been discharged as I speak.
“We have suspended the activities of the food joint involved. I cannot reveal the name of the Waakye joint for now because we have taken samples to the lab. We can only put the name out after the lab results. Investigations are currently underway,” Mr Kusi said.
One of the affected buyers who placed a call to Connect FM’s Nhyiraba Paa Kwesi Simpson complained that she was sent to a health facility with about five others who also bought from the same food joint.
“I’m currently on admission at the hospital. I came to meet about three persons at the same facility with the same conditions.
“As I speak with you, they have brought another person with stomach upset. We all bought waakye from the same ‘Columbia’ location Monday morning. We want you to inform the public so that anyone who wants to buy from them will be cautious,” an affected lady revealed.
By Eric Nana Gyetuah|Connect FM|3news.com